The educational mission of the Civil Engineering undergraduate program is to provide students with an multidisciplinary curriculum that
is fundamental, yet broad and flexible, to produce graduates who are well-grounded in mathematical, scientific, and technical knowledge; have the ability
to analyze, evaluate, and design civil engineering systems; have the ability to communicate effectively; have had meaningful opportunities for undergraduate
research; and who have acquired an understanding and appreciation for global and societal issues and are thus prepared for a career path toward leadership
in industry, Government and academia
- To prepare the students to pursue their career in civil engineering areas such as Structural, Geotechnical, Transportation, Environmental, Water Resources Engineering, Construction Management and higher education
- To prepare competent civil engineering professionals, applying their technical and managerial skills in the planning, design, construction, operation and maintenance of the built environment, global infrastructure.
- To train students with good scientific and engineering breadth so as to comprehend, analysis, design and build infrastructure facilities through involvement in research and development (R&D) activities and consultancy
- To inculcate professionalism, ethics, quality performance, public policy, safety, and sustainability that allows them to be professional leaders and contributors to society
- To inculcate the attitude for life-long learning through self study and by acquiring knowledge and skills required for usage of modern tools and technique in civil engineering field.
- The students should be able to acquire the following outcomes by fulfilling the objectives (POs) after successful completion of the courses.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to solve civil engineering problems
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data related to Structural, Geotechnical, Transportation, Environmental, and Water Resources Engineering
- An ability to design a system to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, and sustainability
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams in construction related activities such as Electrical and Mechanical Engineering
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve civil engineering problems in sustainable development
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility while discharging civil engineering related works
- An ability to communicate and present the civil engineering concepts effectivelyin management, business, public policy, and leadership
- Acquire broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning to update the knowledge in civil engineering field
- A knowledge of contemporary issues related to civil engineering practice
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for civil engineering practice and project management