The Department of Mechanical Engineering was established to produce graduates with core knowledge and skills required by Mechanical Industries and Research Institutes. Mechanical engineering is one of the basic engineering branches. It deals with design and development of all kinds of machines. Through innovation and inventions, it has given humanity at large comfort and safety for life.
At SGU, we have state of the art infrastructure and laboratories with total investment in equipments of more than one crore. Taking into consideration the requirements of industry and research organization we have developed all our labs.
PEO's (Program Education Objectives)
- Mechanical Engineering graduates will successfully complete higher education in engineering and management or have successful career in core design, thermal, manufacturing, management or software profession through quality education.
- Mechanical Engineering graduates will acquire a strong base of fundamentals in mathematics, science and engineering so that they become eligible to analyze real life problems, design and mechanical systems/solutions that are technically sound, economically feasible and useful to the society
- Mechanical Engineering graduates will apply good scientific and engineering breadth and comprehend, analyze, design and create innovative products and solutions for engineering problems
- Mechanical Engineering graduates will inculcate the professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skills, team work and multidisciplinary approach and an ability to relate the engineering issues in broader social context.
- Mechanical Engineering graduates will be benefited with an academic environment conducive for acquiring the leadership qualities and aptitude for lifelong learning
PO's (Program Outcomes)
- Knowledge of mathematics, science and core mechanical engineering to the complex engineering problems.
- Ability to identify, formulate and solve problems in mechanical engineering domain using the first principles of mathematics, science and engineering
- Ability to design systems, components or processes to meet the needs and specifications within the realistic constraints such as economical, safety, societal and environmental considerations.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments and carry out the analysis of the data to interpret the results.
- Ability to use modern engineering tools in CAD/CAM/CAE for modeling and simulation of mechanical systems and design.
- The understanding of impact of mechanical engineering solutions on the society and also will be aware of contemporary issues addressing the impact of mechanical industry on society.
- Ability to work as a member or as group leader in multidisciplinary tasks.
- The knowledge of professional and ethical responsibilities in the profession.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form in the profession.
- Understand contemporary issues and provide engineering solutions for solving social problems.
- Ability to apply the principles of project management and finance to the mechanical projects as an individual or as a member of the project team.
- Confidence for self-education and ability for lifelong learning in mechanical engineering.
- Knowledge of chemistry and calculus-based physics with depth in at least one.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematics through multivariate calculus and differential equations, familiarity with statistics and linear algebra.
- Ability to work professionally in both thermal and mechanical systems areas including the design and realization of such systems.