Mathematics Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) for Master of Science
- PEO1 : Technical Proficiency : Victorious in getting employment in different areas, such as industries, Banks, Insurance Companies, Educational or Research institutions, Administrative positions, since the impact of the subject concerned is very wide.
- PEO2 : Professional Growth : Keep on discovering new avenues in the chosen field and exploring areas that remain conducive for research and development.
- PEO3 : Management Skills : Encourage personality development skills like time management, crisis management, stress interviews and working as a team.
Mathematics Program Outcomes (POs) for Master of Science
- PO1 : Investigate and apply mathematical problems and solutions in a variety of contexts related to science and illustrate these solutions using symbolic, numeric, or graphical methods.
- PO2 : Explain why mathematical thinking is valuable in daily life.
- PO3 : Demonstrate basic manipulative skills in algebra, geometry, trigonometry and calculus.
- PO4 : Apply mathematical concepts to concrete and abstract problems, and draw logical conclusions using the logic, inductive and deductive reasoning.
- PO5 : Communicate mathematical ideas with clarity and coherence, both written and verbally.
- PO6 : Perform research in conjunction with others as well as individually.
- PO7 : Students will able to recognize and appreciate the connections between theory and applications
- PO8 : Propose new mathematical questions and suggest possible software packages and/or computer programming to find solutions to these questions
- PO9 : Continue to acquire mathematical knowledge and skills appropriate to professional activities and demonstrate highest standards of ethical issues in mathematics
- PO10 : Explain the importance of mathematics and its techniques to solve real life problems and provide the limitations of such techniques and the validity of the results
Mathematics Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs) for Master of Science
- PSO1 : To assimilate complex mathematical ideas and arguments.
- PSO2 : To improve self learning and performance.
- PSO3 : Communicate Mathematical ideas with clarity and coherence, both written and verbally.
- PSO4 : To develop problem-solving skills and apply them independently to problems in pure and applied mathematics
- PSO5 : Perform research in conjunction with others as well as individually.