- To provide an academic environment where students can
learn Mathematics not only to become a competent Mathematicians but also skilled users of Mathematics
in the solution of problems arising in science, engineering, economics and social sciences
- To prepare excellent teachers and good academicians to cater the needs of schools and colleges.
- To encourage students to pursue research and application oriented career to solve real life problems.
- To make students aware of technology to explore mathematics concepts through experiments and projects.
- To produce Post graduate students with strong foundation to join research or to join institute/ University.
- To promote and foster cultural and high quality teaching and learning and serving social needs.
- To work both independently and collaboratively on mathematical problems
- To use contemporary mathematical software