Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1 : To prepare the Mechanical Engineering graduates for higher education in engineering, management or to succeed in core design, thermal, manufacturing, management or software profession through quality education.
- PEO2 : To provide with a strong base of fundamentals of mathematics, science and engineering to analyze real life problems, design and apply mechanical systems/solutions that are technically sound, economically feasible and accepted by society.
- PEO3 : To train the students with good scientific and engineering breadth so as to comprehend, analyze, design and create novel products and solutions for engineering problems.
- PEO4 : To inculcate in students the professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skills, team work and multidisciplinary approach and an ability to relate the engineering issues in broader social context.
- PEO5 : To provide students with an academic environment conducive for acquiring the leadership qualities and aptitude for lifelong learning needed for a successful professional career.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- PO1 : Engineering knowledge : Apply Knowledge of mathematics, science and core mechanical engineering to the complex engineering problems.
- PO2 : Problem analysis : Identify, formulate and solve problems in mechanical engineering domain using the first principles of mathematics, science, engineering and computer programming.
- PO3 : Design / development of solutions : Design systems, components or processes to meet the needs and specifications within the realistic constraints such as economical, safety, societal and environmental considerations.
- PO4 : Conduct investigations of complex problems : Design and conduct experiments and carry out the analysis of the data to interpret the results.
- PO5 : Modern tool usage : Use modern interdisciplinary engineering tools such as CAD/CAM/CAE,Electro-Mechanical Systems, Mechatronics etc., for modeling and simulation of mechanical systems and design.
- PO6 : The engineer and society : Understand the impact of mechanical engineering solutions on the society and also will be aware of contemporary issues addressing the impact of mechanical industry on society.
- PO7 : Environment and sustainability : Understand contemporary issues and provide engineering solutions for solving social problems.
- PO8 : Ethics : Demonstrate knowledge of professional and ethical responsibilities in the profession.
- PO9 : Individual and team work : Work as a member or as group leader in multidisciplinary tasks.
- P10 : Communication : Communicate effectively in both verbal and written form in the profession.
- PO11 : Project management and finance : Apply the principles of project management and finance to the mechanical projects as an individual or as a member of the project team.
- PO12 : Life-long learning : Demonstrate confidence for self education and ability for lifelong learning in mechanical engineering
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1 : Apply advanced mathematics for solutions to mechanical engineering problems.
- PSO2 : Work professionally in thermal, design and manufacturing systems.