About Pharmacy and Pharmacist
It is a versatile, dynamic , growing and increasingly diverse profession. It is an age old profession which has transformed into a hub for "Global Healthcare" and evolved as a multidisciplinary and multifaceted field in recent times. The increasing rate of advance pharmaceutical industry, the health sector has thrown away opportunities for pharmacy professionals.
It is the science and technique of preparing, dispensing and review of drugs and providing additional clinical services. It is a health profession that links health sciences and pharmaceutical sciences and aims to ensure the safe effective and affordable use of drugs.
Pharmacist is also known as Chemists or Druggists .They are health professionals who practice in pharmacy, the field of health sciences focusing on safe and effective medicine use. Pharmacists undergo university-level education to understand the biochemical mechanisms and action of drugs, drug uses, therapeutic roles, side effects, potential drug interactions and monitoring parameters.
||Duration - 2 Years
||Intake - 60
||Duration - 4 Years
||Intake - 100
| Approved By Pharmacy Council of India, New Delhi
|| Click here for Approval Letter
- Approved By Government Of Maharashtra, Mumbai
- Affiliated to Sanjay Ghodawat University, Kolhapur
- Examination authority Sanjay Ghodawat University, Kolhapur
Eligibility for Admission
Diploma in Pharmacy (D. Pharmacy)
- Passed 10+2/HSC Examination in Science of any recognized board with Physics, Chemistry As Compulsory subject along with one of the subject Mathematics or Biology
- Any Other Qualification approved by the Pharmacy Council of India as equivalent to any of the above Examination
Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharmacy) - First Year
- Passed 10+2 / HSC Examination in Science of any recognized board with Physics, Chemistry As Compulsory subject along with one of the subject Mathematics or Biology in the above subjects taken together
- Should have appeared in all the subjects and should obtain non zero score in CET conducted by the Competent Authority.
Non zero score in CET conducted by the Sanjay Ghodawat University, Kolhapur
- Any Other Qualification approved by the Pharmacy Council of India as equivalent to any of the above Examination.
Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharmacy) - Direct Second Year
- A pass in D.Pharm course from an institution approved by the Pharmacy Council of India under section 12 of Pharmacy Act.
Job Opportunities in Pharmacy
A) Health Care Services :
- Community or Entrepreneur - Wholesaler or Retailer chemist and druggist. To establish own pharmaceutical industry.
- Hospital or Clinic - Dispensing the drug and medicine and supervising the hospital
- Laboratory technician / Assistant
B) Government Job :
- As a pharmacist in Government Hospital
- Food and Drug inspector
- As a graduate - Illegible to all MPSC OR UPSC examination
C) Higher Education :
- To become post graduate in M. Pharm. L.L.B., M.B.A., M.S., etc
- Research Activity
- Clinical Research
- As a teacher- Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor
D) Industry :
- Production - In Bulk drugs, Fine drugs, and Formulation
- Quality control and assurance
- Packaging and Repackaging
- Sales and Marketing
- Environment friendly world - class infrastructure
- Value based quality education with societal concern
- Flexible Choice based Credit System
- Collaborative Inter - Disciplinary Research
- Support for Industrial Training
- Support for Placement & Entrepreneurship
- International Transfer Program
- Well equipped laboratories and Computer Lab
- A state of art Library